Eqvalan Gold Dewormer
PID Number required. If purchased online, please put your PID number in the notes section. If you do not you will be contacted before shipping. Thanks.
EQVALAN GOLD is the broadest-spectrum dewormer available in Canada1. It combines two active ingredients – ivermectin and praziquantel – to provide comprehensive, broad-spectrum parasite treatment for your horses. EQVALAN GOLD is registered to treat 63 species and stages of equine internal parasites including:
Controlling parasites is an essential health care measure for your horse. Damage can take place when parasites do any of the following:
- Attach to gastrointestinal tissues in your horse and consume blood
- Migrate through intestinal walls to nearby organs and vessels
- Block passages in the digestive tract or arteries supply blood to the gastrointestinal tract
THE IMPORTANCE OF CONTROLLING TAPEWORMS
Tapeworms are particularly important to address with your deworming program. Studies have shown they are present in the majority of horses2. However, their eggs are seldom seen in fecal examinations – even in horses shown to be heavily infested.
Tapeworms have been implicated in several forms of colic, some of which are life-threatening. In fact, colic and other intestinal problems are frequently cited as a leading cause of equine mortality, and parasites are widely recognized as a major cause of colic.
According to leading Canadian parasitologists, the best times to treat for tapeworms are spring (April, May, June) and late fall (October, November, December)1.
- Treats the most parasites
- Effective against tapeworms
- Effective against small strongyles
- Treats bots at both the oral and gastric stages
- Convenient – one tube treats horses up to 600 kg