STONE RANCH ORGANICS - ORGANIC RYE
The main bread flour of Northern and Eastern Europe, Rye has been popular for ages as a food that satisfies and fuels the body. Its robust flavor lends itself well to artisan breads including pumpernickel.
- Rye co-evolved as a weed with wheat and barley for over 2,000 years in South East Asia until its value as a crop was recognized.
- Has great agricultural significance as a winter cover crop as it has natural weed suppression, can withstand cold temperatures and poor soil conditions.
- Is unusual among grains for the high level of fiber in its endosperm- not just in its bran. Because of this, rye products generally have a lower glycemic index than products made from most other grains, making them especially healthy for diabetics.
- A rich and versatile source of dietary fiber, especially a type of fiber called arabinoxylan, which is also known for its high antioxidant activity.
- Contains phenolic acids, lignans, alkylresorcinos and many other compounds with potential bioactivities.
- Research indicates that consuming whole grain rye has many benefits including: improved bowel health, better blood sugar control, and reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and overall weight management due to improved satiety (feeling full longer after eating).
- Rye is an excellent source of selenium and manganese and also contains magnesium in good amounts. It also contains good amounts of the cholesterol the lowering B vitamins folate, riboflavin, niacin and thiamin.
Grown in Western Canada on healthy organic soils.
- Double sealed in Mylar package with oxygen packs to preserve freshness.