STONE RANCH ORGANICS - ORGANIC HARD RED SPRING WHEAT
- Deep red color and plump shape.
- Excellent gluten development and rising power for leavened baked goods.
- 100% whole grain, rich in fiber, a good source of protein, iron, thiamin B1, niacin B3, magnesium, and copper. Kosher pareve.
- Spring wheat is planted in April to May, makes a continuous growth and is harvested in August to early September. This growing pattern is thought to contribute to the higher protein level found in spring wheat.
How to Enjoy
- Mill into flour that is excellent for making artisan bread, bagels, pizza dough, pretzels, crackers, pancakes, waffles, and a variety of yeasted baked goods.
- Boil or pressure cook grains whole for a delightful, chewy, completely satisfying and versatile rice substitute. Use to make salads, risottos and fillings.
- Sprout whole grains after rinsing well and sprinkle on salads, sandwiches, and juice into smoothies.
- Our hard red spring wheat is grown in Western Canada on healthy organic soils.
- Double sealed in Mylar package with oxygen packs to preserve freshness.