STONE RANCH ORGANICS - ORGANIC HARD WHITE WHEAT
Like its counterpart Hard Red Wheat, Hard White Wheat is favoured for its protein value and gluten content particularly in bread and leavened products. Milder in flavor than Hard Red Wheat it performs the same and results in baked goods slightly lighter in colour and softer in texture.
- Light in colour with a plump shape.
- Excellent gluten development and rising power for leavened baked goods such as bread
- also used in pasta and flatbread production
- Hard White Wheat typically produces a softer bread and is well suited to buns and soft rolls
- 100% whole grain, rich in fiber, a good source of protein, manganese, iron, thiamin, and zinc.
- Spring wheat is planted in April to May, makes a continuous growth and is harvested in August to early September.
- Our hard red spring wheat is grown in Western Canada on healthy organic soils.
- Double sealed in Mylar package with oxygen packs to preserve freshness.